7 Inflammation-Fighting Vitamins & Minerals

Inflammation is our body’s first response by the immune system to fight infections, chronic inflammation can be a reason or a basic factor for various diseases and disorders such as cancer, diabetes, heart, arthritis and more.

To prevent and fight effectively and naturally against the effects of inflammation, it is advisable to eat certain foods with anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are essential substances in this regard. Here are some vitamins and minerals that fight against inflammation.

7 Inflammation-Fighting Vitamins


This not only for reducing inflammation, but also for stress. People with lower levels of magnesium often face high levels of stress, which leads to uncontrollable cravings, hormonal changes and even depression. You’ll find magnesium in almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, kiwi. People who are overweight and are prone to magnesium deficiency because they cannot eat enough nutritious food.

Vitamin E

It is an essential antioxidant that helps to reduce inflammation. Vitamin E is found in nuts, seeds, spinach, avocado. Vitamin E increases the body’s defense capability.

Vitamin K

According to some studies, vitamin K fight against heart disease and osteoporosis. 2 types of Vitamin K (vitamin K1, vitamin K2,),Vitamin K1 is found in cabbage, cauliflower, spinach. Vitamin K2 is found mainly in eggs and liver.

Coenzyme Q10

Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, CoQ10 decreases inflammation (such as chronic gout or arthritis). You can get more CoQ10 by eating the following foods: olive oil, salmon, sardines, avocados, parsley, walnuts, mackerel, broccoli, spinach.


An antioxidant that fights free radicals, glutathione can be found in avocado, tomatoes, apples, grapefruit and garlic.

Vitamin C

It turned out that has anti-inflammatory qualities, especially food and tomatoes and tomato juice. The richest sources of vitamin C are: kiwi, citrus fruits, strawberries, melon, pepper. you can find a low-sugar fruits such as lemons sources, the ideal source of vitamin C. A hearty boost with the addition of lemon juice and some water every day.

Vitamin D

Our bodies need Vitamin D for bone strength, Low vitamin D levels often lead to inflammatory problems such as arthritis or chronic joint pain. The highest amount of vitamin D approximately 70% you can get from sun exposure, and the remaining 30% from food. Vitamin D is found in fish, offal, egg yolk, milk.

Categories: Health & Fitness

Write a Comment