What Should You Add To Your Catering Van Insurance?

You’re doing exactly what you’ve always dreamed about – running a catering van that means great food you’ve created for lots of different people. The problem? In a business like this one, risk is absolutely everywhere, and one way to diminish some of that risk is through catering van insurance. Most owners already have the basic policy, but have you looked into what you can add to help lessen your risk a little more? Take a peek.

What The Basic Policy Covers

In most cases, you probably initially bought a policy that was one of three options – comprehensive, third party fire and theft, or third party only. Comprehensive cover typically covers the van itself, as well as the fixtures and fittings you’ve added. Third party fire and theft replaces your van (or pays to repair it) should it be involved in a fire or if it’s stolen. Third party cover, though, is the most basic of all policies. It protects other people, their vehicles, or their property in the event an accident was deemed your fault.

What Should You Add To Your Catering Van Insurance?

Your Add-On Options

Standard coverage is quite helpful, but there are many other choices you may want to add on to your insurance policy to help cover every aspect of your business. Take a look at a few.

  • Breakdown & Recovery: Running your business means you must be where your customers are, but that can’t happen if your van breaks down. This type of catering van insurance cover can help get you on the road quickly. Typically, you get roadside assistance coverage, home start coverage, and even accident management if anything happens while you’re out on the road.
  • Business Interruption Insurance: If your van ever gets stolen or it’s damaged in an accident, how long could you continue to earn money? The chances are good that the number isn’t very high. This is where business interruption insurance steps in. It offers you payments while your van is being repaired so you can move forward with your life and your business.
  • Frozen Foods Cover: If you’re like many catering vans, much of your stock is frozen. In the event your freezer breaks down, you could have some real financial issues on your hand. Frozen foods cover, though, can protect you should anything happen and wipe out the value of any stock you currently have.
  • Catering Liability: Imagine the worst possible thing happens. Someone is injured on your van or someone takes ill as a result of your food. How will you cover the liabilities involved? Mobile catering liability coverage means you can cater any type of event anywhere in the UK safely knowing that you have someone standing behind you should any problems occur.

In addition to coverage options like these, you may also want to bundle your policy with Employers’ Liability cover in the event you decide to add any employees to your payroll in the near future. Talk to a few different companies before you decide to accept a quote. Come up with the best option to meet your needs, then head out for your next event fully protected.

Categories: Business