Why Customer Service Experience Management Matters?
Customer service experience management refers to the practice of designing and reacting to customer interactions in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and, thus, increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and advocacy. It is a strategy that requires process change and many technologies to accomplish.
Increasingly, Customer service experience management includes not only interactions through traditional channels such as phone calls, live chats and website purchases, but also social media, text and other expanding communication mediums through which customers can engage with companies. In order to manage the customer experience, it is crucial for the companies to create a strategy that encompasses all customer interactions.
Customer service experience management is important because of the following reasons:
- It eases customer acquisition, drives customer loyalty and improves customer retention.
- Higher customer referral rates and customer satisfaction were reported by a study of 860 corporate executives who increased their investment in customer service experience.
- It increases customer satisfaction. When a customer is impressed by the experience and has their expectations exceeded, it increases customer satisfaction.
- It reduces customer churn. People like to buy from places that make them feel good. Creating an experience that is memorable and enjoyable for the customer will help to keep them coming back for more and not churning away.
- It creates a competitive advantage and differentiation. Customers want emotional connections with the companies they deal with. Creating that experience that keeps them coming back for more is important. This will create a point of differentiation that you can use as a competitive advantage.
A recent report found that just 20% of the companies have a well-developed customer service experience management strategy. Thus, it is a big opportunity for the companies who are willing to invest in the customer service experience management.