Split Tested Outdoor Cameras –All You Need To Know Before Buying
Protection is not a limited word for a home with money only. There are a lot of things like valuables, property, family and children require protection from intruders, burglars, robbers and thieves. Now again, it is not for a wealthy person only; in fact, anyone may need this, no matter whether you are wealthy or poor.
At the same time, the continuously decreasing price of security surveillance cameras has become affordable to all. But, it is something like buy and use. You need to think where and how to install the security cameras. Yes, this entirely depends on you as you know what you want to protect. There are some certain things that have to be taken at serious note before you make up your mind for installing security surveillance systems, especially when you choose to install IP or wireless cameras at your home.
Whether you want indoor surveillance or outdoor surveillance; the number of cameras you need; what are the features you want to have in your cameras and most importantly the place you choose to fix the security cameras. So, let’s go through the articles and it will help you to choose the right security cameras and also help you to choose the right place.
Options to Choose Surveillance System
Well, as far as home security cameras are concerned, you have plenty of options to choose from. However, the first thing you need to consider the types of security system you need.
- Indoor & Outdoor Cameras: Indoor cameras are useful to keep a watch on babysitter, workers or employees and anything inside the home that you want to keep under a watch when you are away from home. Whereas the outdoor cameras can be used for many purposes. For example, it can be used for stopping intruders or thieves from break-in home or office; catching thieves and robbers and keep a tab on the property. People choose to opt outdoor wireless camera for their homes and offices.
Essential Features of Home Security Cameras
Having selected the right security cameras, now you should choose the cameras with right features. If you want cameras with loaded features, then you need to go for wireless security cameras. Yes, you will get plenty of features that include, easy installation; quality product at a cheap price and you can even customize the cameras according to your need. However, here is an overview of features that you get in various cameras.
- Wired Or Wireless: Wireless cameras are very popular as they have equipped all essential features and also bestows more flexibility. For example, you can place it wherever you want or wherever it is needed. However, they need to be installed under within the reach of signal transmission. If you want to catch thieves or intruders, the outdoor wireless cameras can be the best option. Wired camera, on the other hand, needs labor to install and it is less discrete. But, the good thing about the wired cameras is it give a clear picture and reliable service.
- Color or Black & White: Color cameras are not used for home surveillance as there is no need of it. However, most of the industries and companies do use color cameras for surveillance. So, you can opt as per your need. All you need to see whether it captures the quality image and footage.
Choose Right Place to Install Security Cameras
No one can deny the importance of security cameras for home and property. But, do know it can even more dangerous if it is properly installed? Yes, there are many incidences when security cameras are hacked by the smart thieves. So, you need to be attentive while installing the security cameras system. For example;
- Don’t install the at place from where the house number is displayed
- If you often go out of your home, keep changing your time table
- If possible install dummy cameras at the front door and install the real from out of the sight of intruders