Refresh Your Washroom and Clean Wash Basin With DIY Toilet Bombs
You can freshen up your washroom using toilet bombs that clean and remove smells. A perfect shiny toilet wash basin can be neglected if your toilet is not clean! You can make some toilet bombs and customize with your favorite scents. This is super easy recipe that you can try at your home and get a best-smelling spot in your home.
Let’s read this out and find how to make these scented toilet bombs.
Things you will need-
- 1 cup of baking soda
- ¼ cup of citric acid
- 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- 15-20 drops of your choice of essential oil
- Sheet pan
- Measuring spoons
- Parchment paper
- Spray bottle (optional)
- Add the baking soda in a bowl and break the clumps using a fork. Baking soda naturally cleans and eliminates odors and thus, most toilet bombs are having it as active ingredient. Add citric acid and mix. The citric acid adds the liveliness to these cleaners.
- Take a small glass and add vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Mix them.
- Add the hydrogen peroxide and vinegar mixture to the baking soda. Make sure you add it drop by drop because if you add the liquid all at once, it will make a mess as citric acid and baking soda will react!
- Add the essential oil and mix with gentle hands. If you want refreshing scent, use lemongrass, wintergreen, or lavender based lingering scent.
- Take a dollop scoop and make half balls of bombs and tap on the parchment paper sheet.
- You can spritz the rounds with equal parts of water and vinegar that helps hold them together.
- Let it set and dry from minimum four hours or overnight.
You can store these balls in a sealed glass jar and keep the jar inside your washroom. The next time things get icky, after flushing, just drop in a bomb and let it freshen up the toilet in no time.
You should not have to use the toilet brush as these refreshing bombs will do the best job. However, you may need to scrub some nasty stains a little with brush.
You can even use these bombs to clean your toilet wash basin. Just take 4-5 balls in a cup of water and make a paste and put it on the wash basin. It will shine a little more.