How To Maintain Your Garden Better During Summer
Your garden is an important part of your house. It gives soothing effects to your eyes. You will feel refreshed if you have a well-maintained garden. Though maintenance is essential in every season, special attention is required during summer. Many plants may die or flowers may drop down due to excessive summer heat. Hence, you have to consider having proper garden maintenance service throughout the summer.
Summer time is unbearable for every living being, whether it is a human being or a plant. The sun rays reduce the moisture from the soil and thereby making it dry. The plants cannot get the proper amount of water to sustain. This is the reason most of the trees, plants, and shrubs die with the rise of temperature. To add more lifespan to them, the better option is garden maintenance.
Summer maintenance tips for your garden:
The wilting effects of the summer season will not let your garden survive. Here comes the need for good preparation. The season brings many challenges to all gardeners. With proper maintenance plan, you need to overcome them to keep the outdoor space in good shape. Proper garden maintenance will make your life beautiful. You can even enjoy your summer holidays in your marvelous garden.
The following are the quick summer maintenance tips for your garden.
- Plan your time smartly: You may have thought about various plans for safeguarding your garden but you are short of time. In such a situation, you have to manage your time wisely. Some fresh mulch, an edged lawn, and strategically positioned flowering plants can uplift your garden’s condition. With more time, you can spread granular fertilisers on the soil and cover it with mulch.
- Look after budding plants: It has been seen that the budding plants often drop their flowers and buds in the summer time. The plants may dry out with this sudden loss. Hence, you need to take care of your budding plants by using mulch and water during hot and arid weather. This way you can prevent common problems with the budding plants.
- Take measures against pests: There are many species that attack the garden and household timber. The garden tools, especially with wooden handles, should be kept off the garden to take better care. Apart from untreated timber, the garden pests affect the trees of your garden. You can apply non-toxic products around as they are safe for your kids as well as vegie beds.
- Take care of new plantings: Freshly planted flower and vegetable seedlings require a bit of sun hardening. You can guard them with leafy branches, shade cloth, dead palm fronds, old net curtain for a week or two. In this way, they can be established firmly without harm.
- Allow the pots to stay cool: The potted plants are subject to overheating. You may shift their position to keep them cool and healthy. If they are growing in saucers of water, you have to think about the consequences. Excess water promotes mosquito breeding and root rot. You can fill the saucers with moist sand to ensure plants are healthy and roots stay cool.
- Choose shading strategically: You can use vine, deciduous tree, and some clumping bamboo to shade the exposed space of your home. While getting the extra shade, you have to make sure that they are not making your hot water system or solar panel inefficient. To avoid such problems, the trees or plants should be placed strategically for shading.
Therefore, you cannot deny the necessity of garden maintenance during the hot summer days. You may do it yourself or hire the professionals to find better results in less time.