ALL ABOUT INDRAPRASTHA APOLLO HOSPITAL NEW DELHI
Indraprastha Apollo hospital, New Delhi is a leading venture of Apollo group of hospitals in India. The Apollo group was founded y eminent NRI doctor, Prathap C Reddy who left a thriving practice in Boston, USA to launch a group of super specialty hospitals in India.
Dr Reddy was inspired to return to India and establish a chain of hospitals in order to bring world class health care for Indian citizens at fraction of the cost overseas. As such they also attract medical tourists from around the world.
Apollo hospital New Delhi is a leading super specialty hospital in the city and the nation. It became the first hospital to be awarded the international JCI (Joint Commission International) certification in fourth time, consecutively. It is one among the best of tertiary acute care, multi-specialty hospitals in India. It features over 700 beds and is most popular destination for healthcare in the SAARC region.
Being a world class, cutting edge facility in the capital region of India, it has superb infrastructure spread over fifteen acres and features a built up area of more than 60,000 sq feet. Currently, it has capacity to expand to over 1000 beds.
From top class infrastructure to acquisition of latest medical technology, this hospital has always maintained its focus on customer or patient satisfaction. Since being incepted in 1996, it has sought to bring world class medical care at very economical costs.
Apollo hospitals group was launched in 1983. Its goal has been always,” to bring health care of world class standards within the reach of every individual. We are dedicated to achieving and maintaining excellence in research, education and health care to the service of humanity.”
Within the last few decades, the Apollo group has scripted a most amazing story of success in India. The Apollo group is not only the most integrated and biggest groups for health care in the country, it has also been a major catalyst in the revolution of private health care in the country. Apollo has successfully achieved most of its lofty ideals. Through this journey, it has enriched the lives of 42 million patients from 120 countries.
Apollo indraprastha hospital has crossed the following achievements:
- It got the 6th best ranking for private Indian hospitals in field of cardiology in 2013 as per the Week- AC Nielson survey in 2013.
- It won the 2013 Health Care Excellence award from FICCI. The category was Operational Excellence (Multi-specialty- Private Hospital).
- It got the 8th ranking for private Indian hospitals in field of diabetology by Week- AC Nielson survey in 2013.
- It got the 4thranking among private hospitals in field of paediatrics by the same survey in 2013.
- It features 52 specialties in one hospital.
- It was first hospital to conduct a successful Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- It features one of the most busy Kidney- liver transplant units in the country.
- It has the most number of beds in a private hospital in the country.
- It employs top class, world renowned doctors in cardiology and neurology departments.
- Apollo cancer institute is a comprehensive care centre for cancer patients from diagnosis to surgery and palliative care.
- It has world class diagnostic facilities ranging from CT scan to 3 Tesla MRI.
These are some leading facts about Apollo Indraprastha hospital, situated in Delhi.