Looking For A Job Online In South Africa
As a new year begins, a vast amount of unemployed individuals are looking for jobs in South Africa using the internet as the main resource in finding the best jobs. South Africa has several online sources that offer a range of listings across industries. Looking for a new job may require a lot of research and investigation into the companies that are advertising posts.
Many people who use these services are unaware of what sets each type of website apart; and these are usually quite subtle as the presentation of various websites can be similar. The main advantage of using the internet is that you can apply immediately using an account you have set up or by dropping the recruiter an email.
Whether you are looking for a job using an online recruitment portal such as a job portal, an aggregator or a job portal; here are some tips to help you effectively use job portals to your advantage and to expedite your search for a job in South Africa.
- Fill out your information correctly, fully and honestly so that a potential employer can know as much as possible around you
- Update your profile on a regular basis so that recruiters can get a good sense of where you are in your career and where you hope to go
- Be clear about where you are in your career and where you hope to go in the near future
- Upload all the relevant documents required, which is probably your resume; avoid uploading your ID and qualifications as these are only necessary during the hiring process
- Be on the lookout for scams, if any ad or job board seems to good be true; it probably are
- Network and tell everyone that you know well (on a professional level) that you are looking for work
- Include links to your social media profiles
- Follow and set up alerts for jobs and companies in your specific industry
- Update your CV or resume regularly, even if you are in between jobs – add in the small jobs you are doing in between to boost your CV/resume
- Stay up to date with what is happening in your industry and ensure that you’re aware of the trends in hiring and career development
Are you looking for a job online in South Africa? ThePensters is caring about you and suggests a profitable work as freelancer!