How Much Do You Know About Your Chocolates?
Chocolate… the word itself can make you drool. There is nothing that can make you happier than a bar of chocolate. No matter what problems you have, a piece of chocolate can always brighten your mood. Chocolates have been a part of your happiness and memorable events. You have gifted chocolates to your loved ones and some of you might have found the love of your life by giving a chocolate as a gift.
When you love chocolates so much, you must have learnt a bit about this magical sweet. How well do you know your favourite snack?
Here are some facts that you might not know about chocolates –
- There are more than 80 million Kisses produced every day. No, I am not talking about those kisses. Chocolate company Hershey produces a cute little chocolate called Kisses. These are so popular around the world that they are produced in such huge numbers.
- Chocolate is the most preferred flavour in the world. Milk, dark, Swiss any chocolate will do, but it has to be chocolate for most of the people.
- The feeling that is evoked while chocolate melts in your mouth is more intense and long lasting pleasure than while kissing.
- Almonds are produced in large numbers throughout the world. More than 40% of the almonds are used in the manufacture of various chocolates. Thus, making chocolates is one of the major uses of almonds.
- The word chocolate was derived from an Aztec word ‘xocolatl,’ which means bitter water.
- Chocolate has been a part of all the Russian and American space voyages. When people are taking it to space, you cannot resist eating them on earth!
- During the Second World War, soldiers were given chocolates as it was easy to carry and loaded with energy.
- White chocolate is technically not a chocolate. As it does not contain cocoa solids and cocoa liquor it cannot be considered a chocolate.
- The person who invented chocolate chip cookies sold the patent Nestle group in return for a life time supply of chocolates. So much for chocolates!
- Chocolate doesn’t cause acne as believed by many. So, why hesitate, eat away. Order chocolate by post and indulge yourself.
- To make one pound of chocolate, you will approximately need 400 cocoa beans.
- The English chocolate company Cadbury made the world’s first chocolate bar in 1842. Cannot imagine how people survived before that.
- Cocoa tress can live more than 200 years! But, sadly they can produce usable cocoa for only 25 years. It takes about five years to produce the first set of beans. In its entire life, the tree can produce more than 2500 cocoa beans.
- In Germany, there is a large cuckoo clock made out of chocolate.
- Switzerland is the most chocolate consuming country in the world. They are followed by Australia and Ireland.
There can be no other snack as satisfying, revitalizing and delicious as chocolates. Grab a piece of chocolate and enjoy the heavenly taste. Gift your loved ones with lots of chocolates. There can be no other gesture as sweet and special as sending chocolate gifts by post to them.