What Are The Things That You Should Include In A Credit Dispute Letter To Fix The Bad Credit?
If you have a bad credit in the records, you are going to face many difficulties in the form of getting loans, getting government jobs, and government facilities. You need to find out the error in the credit report and get it resolved without any delay.
If you observe sudden change in the credit score, you need to get it resolved. You need to write credit dispute letters that work for you. Although it is complicated, following right steps will make things easier to get back the good credit score. You need to find out where and by whom the mistake has occurred – it is the credit agency or the company providing the information. This will enable you to take a right approach.
Although it is just a formal letter, its representation is important. Below are some of the points, which should be taken care while writing a credit dispute letter.
- Personal information: The letter should have all the personal information namely your full name, residential and permanent address, social security number, any credit information number. The information should be supported with all the documents duly certified and attested.
- Identify the wrong information: The letter should clearly indicate the information, which is wrongly represented. If there are multiple items under disputes, each item should be mentioned and highlighted to grab the attention of the authorized agency.
- Be clear and precise: The letter should clearly point to the account information, which is wrong. It should be written in bold or should be highlighted. The agency does not have enough time to read long essays. Hence, be precise and write summarized information clearly pointing to the dispute. You can use bullet points to shorten your letter.
- Typing or Handwritten: You might be having good handwriting, but it is always better to type the letter and properly sign it. This looks neat, tidy and good representation.
- Be firm in writing: The letter should be written in a firm manner – whether it is deleting your bad score wrongly represented or getting it corrected or any rectification to be done. The letter should be firm, but it should be seen as to demanding or exerting pressure.
- Don’t refer any sections: The credit agencies are very well versed with the sections and credit protection laws. Hence, do not mention any reference to the section.
- Copies of documentation: The letter should contain all the copies or documentation related to the disputes. The supported documents should be photocopies duly attested by the authorized agency. Don’t include original documents. You might require them in case they want to see in personal.
- Include a CC: If you are sure that the dispute is not going to be resolved by writing to single agency, you can add a CC at the bottom of the letter. This shall make things easy for you and help to get the dispute resolved.
- Online draft: There are various sites, where you can see sample draft letter to solve the disputes. This shall help to push with the exact words to solve the disputes.
- Ask a friend or colleague: There are chances you might not be able to see your mistake. Hence, before finalizing and sending the letter, it is better to get it read by your friend or colleague.
Writing a corporate office letter and complaint letter is altogether different. You may be well versed with the routine communication, but this is not the routine task and utmost care to be taken. After all, it is the matter of your credit.