Human Growth Hormone: Encapsulating Its Meaning, Pros and Cons
What is Human Growth Hormone?
The pituitary gland produces protein into the blood in a very small quantity is referred to as the human growth hormone. The pituitary gland is present at the base of the brain and starts the secretion process in middle age. This secretion is slowed down with age and from there rises the need to produce artificially the human growth hormone. The highest level of human growth hormone in the body is at the time of puberty, and as one goes old, its production diminishes. It’s artificial alternatives are available in the market and sold like pancakes. The alternatives are very efficient and show commendable results. Human growth hormone is found in a wide variety of drugs. These supplements are consumed by athletes and sports persons and, therefore, have been banned by International Olympics Organization and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
Why is Human Growth Hormone essential?
As a matter of fact, if the human growth hormone continues to be secreted from the pituitary gland constantly without any decrease in its amount, the humans average age would be 140 to 200 years. Apart from this, the hormone has various other benefits that have been listed below-
- Intake of human growth hormone increases the bone density and makes the muscles stronger.
- The process of muscle synthesis in the body is boosted resulting in a better repair and recovery rate of the muscles.
- The heart and kidney function properly.
- The sleeping patterns of the body are improved.
- The metabolism of the body turns efficient and improved resulting in proper growth of the body.
- Protein synthesis improves in the body which is why this hormone is the personal favourite of every bodybuilder.
- The milk production ability of cows is enhanced.
- The important feature of human growth hormone is that it slows down the ageing process.
Disadvantages of Consuming Human Growth Hormone Artificially
The Food and Drug Authority has banned this hormone for numerous reasons that are directly related to the harm it inflicts on the body. These side effects have been compiled below for making you a cautious consumer-
- There is a significant pain in the muscles, joints and nerves.
- There is a risk that the consumer might suffer from Edema in which the body tissues swell.
- The skin is affected in various ways like numbness and irritation.
- The cholesterol level is also affected by consuming this drug artificially. The LDL cholesterol that is the bad cholesterol increases and the HDL decreases.
- There is a rise in the sugar level in the blood, so it is best for any diabetic person to not take any of human growth hormone supplements.
- You are at a risk of being a victim to Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- It also makes the heart weak.
How to Stimulate this Hormone without Artificial Alternatives?
You can follow some simple ways to stimulate the natural production of the human growth hormone in the body, like-
- Workout- Working out on specific muscles will boost the production human growth hormone.
- Rest- Proper rest by the body will result in a proper production of any hormone. Proper rest will depend on the lifestyle of every individual.
- Nutritious Diet- To trigger the production of this hormone, one needs to consume proper nutrients like Lysine , Arginine, Ornithine, OKG and Glutamine.