How To Create Enticing Email Marketing Campaigns?
Email marketing is new age marketing, by now you might have already started email marketing. Sending bunch of emails regularly won’t make you a successful email marketer; there are certain things upon which you need to ensure before you sent campaigns. Don’t let your much thought campaigns get unnoticed.
Why Email Marketing Campaigns?
There are many traditional medium of advertising such as TV ads, notice, advertorials, brochures, hoarding and displays; also we have online advertising media such as social media and website. Event then Email Marketing stand out from all these because of the assured reach and visible response from interested audience. And hence Email Newsletter is the direct way to reach customers provided that you give them the best products and services.
How to create enticing Email Marketing Campaigns?
Usually when we open our mail box, we find more than 100s of mail, do we read all of them? No we don’t, we categorise some of them as important- will read them, some as interesting- might read them and some as unimportant-never read them. So we should focus on bringing our campaign in interesting category to get maximum response.
Here are some tips which will help you to bring your campaign into the interesting category:-
- Share Value: Give customers what are valuable for them, analyse their interest before delivering the campaigns. It has been found that people usually open mails to check the offers that are tailor made for them. People loves to receive mails offers, discounts or coupons, give them what they want and entice them to make purchase.
- Set Expectations: When you offer something make sure that you give them the right product with the offers you have mentioned in the campaign. You should be able to deliver what you offer or else it may mark the end of the customer journey.
- Create Segment: If you have a large data base, segment them based on their interests, preference and behaviour. Don’t send the same mail to everyone, what interest’s one might not interest others. Segmenting and targeting helps you in retaining the customers and developing a good long lasting relation.
- Short and Crisp content: Don’t write essays, use images and text proportionally. Customers will not have time to read essays, convey maximum with minimal text and images.
- Responsive Design: Being Responsive is a need to sustain in email marketing. 9 out 10 people use smart phones and 7 out of them uses smart phone to check their mails. If your mails are not responsive they might not check it, because they won’t get a clear picture even after going through them. If you have not yet opted for responsive designs its high time,don’t wait for a second just do it.
There are some common mistakes you need to avoid in order to make people open your mails:-
- Repetitive Subject lines: May be you got good open rate for a campaign with a particular subject line, it doesn’t mean you should use it regularly. People want new things, so come up with something new with every campaign.
- Lack of Focus: Be clear with the purpose of the campaign; don’t just beat around the bush. It can be annoying and even you might fails to explain the purpose of campaign and loss one or more conversions.
- Don’t be pushy: Don’t ask people to buy, give them freedom to choose. Just give them the best offers, tips and suggestions, rest is their choice.
- Bad Design: Yes, Designs do speak a lot. A good design is impressive it gives pleasure to eyes. Don’t send mails with tons of text in it, add images, try to give some .giff images in between to entice more people into your campaigns.
These are some ways to make your email marketing campaigns enticing. Try them and check if it works for you.