How Radiator Keep Your Car Cool To Get Better Performance?
Radiator is the cooling parts of the car. When you run the car for long period, the engine will become heated and it can be stop your car suddenly. Even your car engine can be burn or burst also. In this regards, radiator, thermostat, and water pump play vital role for your car and its engine. Firstly when your car engine becomes heated, the water pump helps to absorb the heat and transfers the heat to thermostat and it gets released from the radiator. So, it is necessary to maintain the radiator significantly and you should check your engine system, radiator, cooling parts for recurrent times to maintain the car.
How it works?
The radiator is fixed in the car on the front side near the engine. The primary function of the radiator is to keep the engine cool and hence avoid any instance of fire or severe break down of the vehicle. The radiator was previously using water which was carried to the engine by the metal nozzles and keeps the engine parts cool. Cool water is stored and sent to the radiator for cooling purpose. Hence, the water keeps on getting hot and cool and circulating between radiator and engine. In this process, water also gets evaporated and hence after a certain period one has to put some water to the radiator. There are a number of vehicles in which the radiator is used. In modern vehicles instead of water, a coolant is used in the radiator. Here are a few tips to keep the radiator in good condition as well as repair it immediately.
How to repair the radiator from leakage?
The most important cause of the radiator leak is the serious reduction in the coolant or water level. This means that the radiator has got damaged and the coolant or water marks can be seen below the vehicle also.
- The green indicator of your car shows you the leakage of the radiator and you need to open the car bonnet and inspect it immediately.
- If you start the engine then you can easily understand the leakage or radiator problem because your car cannot move or you can find huge carbon exhaustion from your engine.
- With the help of a plier one can remove the cooling fin and then can find out the leak and use a cold weld to repair it or fill the leak.
- In case it is leak from the cap, just get the cap replaced and the problem will be solved.
- One can also use the additives available in the market that after use harden and stop the leak. This is not a recommended way to repair the radiator and your need to replace the tank or you have to replace the cap immediately. If you are using some adhesive then it can have some adverse effect and your car can be damaged permanently.
A few quick tips:
In case one is at home, repair of radiator leak can be done easily with available equipment but what if one is on the way?
- In such cases, you need to park the vehicle under shaded covering and let it cool for at least half an hour.
- Then open the bonnet and find the leak. You can use a chewing gum or piece of bread can also help for the time being.
- However, while removing the cap one has to be careful as sudden opening may cause burn due to steam.
- To find the leak and clean the outer part one can wipe it once the radiator is cooled.
- If the problem still persists then one can approach a repairer and can know the estimate for permanent solution or can ask for a temporary solution there.